Founder & Fashion Designer For Paridhaan
INSTALLATION DESIGNER & PANELIST FOR:
2.25pm – 2.35pm: Signature Presentation 2: Fashion Designer Installation In Partnership With Toronto Fashion Academy
2.35pm – 3.15pm: Panel Discussion 1: “The Business of Fashion”
Moderated by Hina P. Ansari
“I’m really excited and looking forward to participating in The Business Of Fashion panel at #ThisIsMyStyle hosted by T.A.P.E.. I know that this event will provide me with a fantastic platform to showcase my work, as I am a believer in the joy of dressing being an art, which I’m very passionate about doing with Paridhaan. To be able to walk people through conceptualization to realization of a garment, is like taking them through the breadth of my personal journey of passion.”
Owner / Fashion Designer, 2011 – Present
Designs by Sarita/Paridhaan – Ladies Fashion Label, Brampton
Categories: Ladies Gowns, Dresses, Skirts, Scarfs, Pants, Bags and Fashion Jewelry
– Keeping up to date with emerging fashion trends as well as general trends relating to fabrics, colors, prints, silhouettes and embroideries.
– Work directly with clients in producing concepts based on the individual requirement, making sketches by hand and doing style consultancy.
– Working closely with production units in India to ensure timely completion of garment as per the client requirement.
– Once garment is ready, organizing the fittings and getting the required minor alterations done.
– Serving and maintaining vast and loyal client base.
Assistant Buyer, 2007- 2008
Hudson’s Bay Company, Brampton
Categories: Soft Home – Bedding
– Work together with Senior Buyer and Planning Team to forecast the demand of existing and new product range based on the seasonal budget plus the Brand positioning.
– Monitoring product performance in National, Captive and Private label.
– Preparing weekly flyer promotions and submitting it to the marketing team.
– Working with Sr. Buyer for the Mark up and Markdown of the products in store.
– Placing product re-orders and forwarding the PO’s to Vendors, Distribution Centre, Analysts.
– Working closely with the Domestic and Overseas vendors for sourcing the products, price negotiations and production follow up.
– Doing comp shopping to know what’s in trend in regards to colors and trends.
– Working closely with the Product Development, Sourcing, Packaging and technical team for bringing in new product under Private label.
Product Development Manager, 2008 – 2011
Hudson’s Bay Company, Brampton
Categories: Bedding, Table linens, Patio, Christmas, Soft Décor, Furniture
– Forecasting of seasonal trends and colors by working closely with the Creative Director.
– Developed seasonal production calendars and monitored the effective implementation through all departments.
– Liaised with technical department to create spec packs in preparation for new season and maintenance of brand requirement.
– Liaised with packaging team and developed new innovative packaging ideas to enhance private labels.
– Sourced products and negotiated costs with vendors through the effective use of cost comparison tools.
– Finalized orders with overseas factories based on their capacities, costing and products.
– Followed up with the vendors on lab dips, test reports, pre-production and production samples.
– Liaised with various organizational groups including Merchandising, Logistics, Technical, Packaging as well as Vendors to ensure alignment.
– Established and monitored time and action calendars and managed various milestones.
Team Account Manager, 2002 – 2007
Redcats Asia, Delhi, India
Categories: Ladies Tops, Blouses, Dresses, Skirts, Scarves, Fashion Jewelry
– Liaised and coordinated with buying team in France to execute their seasonal product requirements.
– Appraised and approved factories as per production capacity and efficiency.
– Monitored samples and production closely to ensure timely delivery in desired quality and specifications.
– Successfully managed a team of ten associates through proper assignment of responsibilities and delegation of work.
– Achieved 80% on time delivery of shipments by thorough production follow up with production units.
Merchandiser/Quality Controller, 1996 – 2002
Karstadt/Quelle, Delhi, India
Categories: Ladies Tops, Blouses, Dresses, Skirts, Men’s Shirts, Shorts, T-Shirts
– Developed spec packs based on the requirements from buying team / head office in Germany.
– Inspected prototype and initial samples and approved go for production.
– Audited factories based on the production capacities and infrastructure.
– Performed final inspections on merchandise before shipping.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Delhi University, India, 1995
Fashion Designing Diploma, Delhi Polytechnic, India, 1995
Courtesy Of Sarita Jain